WELCOME TO TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES VOCATIONAL COURSES
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. In 1944, it was renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The year 1964 was an essential landmark in the Institute's history when declared Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
Since its inception, the Vision of the TISS has been to be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centred, ecologically sustainable and just society that promotes and protects dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all.
JOIN REGULAR DEGREE AND DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE FROM TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCE (TISS)
- B. Voc. – Regular Degree from TISS
- PGDCA – Regular Diploma from TISS
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sofware Development
- Diploma – Get certified by TISS
- Certificate Courses
SVE –School of Vocational Education provide quick and fixed interventions to advance the disadvantaged and downgraded youth by proper vocational training programs. The idea is to provide an environment that would bring back the dignity of labour for cultured workstreams to create sustainable income sources. AICTE – All India Council for technical education projected by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- General education must cover a mix of skills required in the workplace.
- To plan the exit point of the program to ensure knowledge and skills.
- The ideas are to plan entry and exit points of the program.
- NSQF fulfils the local and national industry requirements by enhancing employability chances for graduates to equip the global workforce.
- To improve hiring chances of 12th pass by learning vocational courses.
- Below listed Certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree in Software Development by TISS. This is outlined in the table below:
|Award||Duration||Corresponding NSQF Level|
|B. Voc.||3 Years||7|
TISS SVE in India uses WITP that is Work Integrated Training Program methodology to generate job-specific skills to learn by hands-on job training under actual industry or company environment. So Earn while you Learn method is a stipend based on the program's on-the-job duration or course. This methodology is optional but TISS –SVE highly recommend training partner to go for this practice.
The curriculum is based on a mix of general education and skill development components.
Skill Development Components:
- The emphasis of skill development components shall prepare the students with proper skills, knowledge, practice, and attitude to become industry-ready.
- Bachelor of Vocational Program curriculum is included within National Occupational Standards (NOSs) of the industry's specific job roles. This would enable the learner to meet the learning results specified in the NOSs.
- To provide a comprehensive specialization in one or two domains is the primary plan hidden behind designing the skill development component for selected job roles.
- Tata Institute of Social Science can develop a curriculum for a particular area or job roles and industry expert in case of NOS not available.
- The basic idea for those programs or courses for which NOS is not available is that TISS will develop such a curriculum in each of the three years to emphasize work-readiness skills.
- Sufficient attention will be paid during curriculum areas like practical work, on the job training, development of student portfolios and project work.
- General education component will stick to the university standards. It will provide holistic development of the learner. Available education component will cover 40% of the complete curriculum.
- Language and communication skills will be the prime areas of attention in the curriculum.